Create and manage a filter
How to create a filter
Step 1: Create filter information
Enter Name of filter
Choose Collections that apply the filter. For example Men, Women, Shoes, …
Note: A filter can be applied to many collections.
Step 2: Create filter options
Click Add a filter option, a dialog will display as follows.
Choose Option type.
- Vendor: attribute Vendor of the products
- Product Type: attribute Product Type of the products
- Options (Size, Color,...)
- Percent Sale: calculate based on the min price and min compare at price
Enter Option label.
Depending on the Option type you have just chosen, it will show additional options:
- Option display: types of filter option, which are: List, Box, Range, and Swatch. (See more how they display)
- Option select: allow a filter option to be chosen one time only or multiple-choice. There are two options: Single and Multiple.
- Option values
- Manual values
- Keep filter option unchanged (additional option for Collection only): once this option is enabled, the current collection page will not reload if the user selects a filter option whose type is Collection.
- Prefix (additional option for Tag only): once this option is enabled, only tag values which are matched the below prefix value can be shown.
Click Save changes and a new Filter option will be added to Filter options table.
Step 3 (Optional): Change order of filter options
You can drag & drop a filter option to any positions in the table to change the order of items in the Filter options list.
Step 4: Complete
Click Save filter to create the filter.
Manage filter list
A filter list always contains a Default filter tree after you install the app successfully. The filter tree will display in all collections page by default. When you create a new filter and apply it to a specific collection, this filter will replace the default filter in that collection.
You can Enable / Disable a filter by pressing on a filter row.